curlyinco

6.20.2007

I have a friend

he lives by me. we met when he was spying on our drug addict, using, dealing pimping prostitute and goods dealing neighbors.

he is also going through cancer. he has some soft tissue cancer, and well, we all know that soft tissue isn't cureable, and he is being treated in a clinical trial b/c it is rare. he has had this for over 5 years.

He is still going through treatment, and I just got off the phone to invite him to a BBQ tonight, and he is so down and so tired, i can hear it in his voice and the way he talks. I feel just absolutely rotten. It breaks my heart. His parents are, well, not in his life (alcoholics) and he only has his siblings, but they all have their own lives too.

I feel so bad for him, I can't even put it into words. I feel like I need to mother him (and he is older than me!) just because he has no one to do so for him.

I think I am going to tell him to call, if he ever needs something, even if he just needs a meal cooked or for me to go to the grocery store for him.

I couldn't imagine going through cancer and chemo without family support. I just couldn't imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home