curlyinco

4.06.2007

i had a commercial photo shoot today.

and i am not feeling like it went too well. i am going through my images now, and several things went wrong, of which I will most definitely fix prior to the next shoot that i get like this.

1 - the client (a creative agency) had NO CLUE what the facility looked like, and wanted high-key photos done. Well....high key doesn't work too well in a very well lit room, as well, my flashes were competing with natural light and nothing worked as planned. so i gave up, shot them underexposed and will now have to spend hours on post processing.

2 - my focus seems to have been off. i am not proud of this, and i took the shots from really far away - (normally i am up in someone's face, and today i was a good 5-8' away from my subject. NOT good, BUT I am not thinking this will matter when printed as I just printed one out now and it looks the same as the stock photography that they gave me earlier on a brochure, soooo.....who knows.

i always seem to question myself after a shoot like this - i mean, my shots are great to use in a 5x7 or smaller, but because of the lighting, they wouldn't look good blown up. *sigh* off to tell the client this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home